The journal has been published quarterly since 1984 and has an SCSI Impact Factor of 0.816. More information about the journal is available at http://www.cdhjournal.org
The journal is concerned with dental public health and related subjects. Dental public health is the science and the art of preventing oral disease, promoting oral health, and improving the quality of life through the organised efforts of society.
The discipline covers a wide range and includes such topics as:
• oral epidemiology
• oral health services research
• preventive dentistry - especially in relation to communities
• oral health education and promotion
• clinical research - with particular emphasis on the care of special groups
• behavioural sciences related to dentistry
• quality of life
• risk analysis
• ethics and oral health economics
• quality assessment
Many academics across Europe carry out research in these areas and we are a natural source of cutting edge research and a home for this work. Community Dental Health publish scientific articles on the relevant fields, review articles, discussion papers, news items, and editorials.
The journal will be of interest to dentists working in dental public health and to other professionals concerned with disease prevention, health service planning, and health promotion throughout the world. In the case of epidemiology of oral diseases.