ADEE is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
ADEE may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
What we collect
ADEE collects information when:
- You are (or join as) a member. In this case, we collect your name, your address, your institution and email address. The information that is stored is always available for a member to alter and correct using a private member's page on the website.
- You are booking a place at an event or submitting an abstract for an event run by the ADEE. In this case we collect your name, address and email address.
- You are using a contact form, where we ask for your name, email and/or phone number and, of course, a message. This information is stored briefly while it is converted into an email message which is then sent.
What we do with the information we gather
For members, we require the information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To provide you with privileged access to certain parts of the website. For example, to allow you to maintain your membership information and see what we hold about you.
- To provide you with special member rates for our events. Payments for events are handled by REALEX, and we do not store any credit/debit card information. The REALEX forms are preloaded with the information we hold for you to prevent you having to enter it again. The ADEE is not responsible for information stored on the REALEX servers.
- To provide you with full access to the European Journal of Dental Education without requiring login access or accounts on the Wiley website.
- We may periodically send emails which contain news and information about the association and its events. We send a monthly emailed newsletter. You can always opt out from receiving these emails by visiting the Change account details page or the Privacy Setting page on the website.
For users booking places at events, we need the information to:
- allow us to process your booking
- notify you in the case of any changes
- provide you with the ability to return after the event and obtain a CPD certificate.
We use Google Analytics to measure and improve the performance and content of the site and to determine what is or is not regularly visited.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect online.
See our page on this topic.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
Members can always see and modify the information that ADEE holds for you, visit the Change account details page.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR comes into force in May 2018, and requires that we provide you with the following information.
The GDPR requires us to state the lawful basis for the processing activity that we perform. Membership of the ADEE provides an implicit contract between the member and the ADEE: the ADEE provides membership services for individuals who are employees or related to the member institutions of the ADEE. If you are booking an event, the ADEE is running an event and the member wishes to attend it. The personal information is required to allow the ADEE to provide these services.
The GDPR requires that we provide you with the identity of the 'Data Controller', who determines the purposes and means of processing personal data. For the ADEE, the data controller is the ADEE Executive Committee who can be contacted via the Administration Manager. See the ADEE Committee page. To contact, use the link to 'Contact' on every page on this website.
The 'Processor' is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller. For the ADEE, this is the Administrative Staff. See the ADEE Committee page. To contact, use the link to 'Contact' on every page on this website.
Lead data protection supervisory authority
The ADEE operates in many European countries but the data and processing activity is done in the United Kingdom. The ADEE opts to use the UK's Information Commissioner's Office as its lead data protection supervisory authority.